Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Marine Corps History

I spent eight years of my life serving in the United States Marine Corps. This video gives you a glimpse of what life is like from the time a recruit arrives either at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Paris Island, South Carolina or Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, California. The recruit is quickly indoctrinated and stripped of individuality for the benefit of the recruit, brotherhood of the Marine Corps and our nation. We put God, country and Marine Corps first before ourselves.

As a Marine, we are first of all branches of the United States military to fight in any conflict. During World War I, the Marines were given the nick name Devil Dog by a German soldier on his dying breath because we fight like fierce dogs. During World War II, the Japanese thought that Marines were a bunch of lunatics and escaped convicts.

7 comments:

jo oliver said...

What is the saying that the Marines call the Navy for a ride and the Army to clean up~ lol

Seriously, Thank God for people like you that serve their country. Great post.

Chris Stonecipher said...

Thank you. We affectionately call the sailors squids and they call us Jar Heads. All in good nature for sure.

Bo Jack Russo said...

Chris, I know we've talked about this before, but it's never enough thanks, so again thanks for your service. Had two stepbrothers who were here at Pendleton. I regretted not joining them later. Semper Fi.

Bo Jack Russo said...

Chris, FYI I reposted this on my blog, cheers!! Have always had a spot for the Marines in my heart, I just wish so many kids at Pendelton didn't come home in boxes. (No disrespecet whatsoever) It just saddens me so.

Chris Stonecipher said...

Bo Jack,
Thank you so much for support! It is much appreciated.

Kate Smedley said...

As Jo said, thank God for people like you Chris, a wonderful post.

Glynis Peters said...

I love it when the US army marches to song. I thank God for all those who defend us.

Post a Comment

Featured Site

Your Ad Here