Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tang is Still Around

Personally, I haven't had a glass of tang in ages, however I really thought it wasn't available to the masses anymore. I remember years ago my mom and I would use Tang at my birthday parties, mixed with Sprite of course for that special punch. However, I really had no idea that there was health benefits to consuming Tang. Kristie Leong MD discusses the pros and cons about drinking this popular beverage.

It’s a popular drink with kids – but many adults love it too. Tang instant drink mix holds a special place in the hearts of Americans. After all, this is a drink that’s been around since 1959 and was even carried as the official breakfast drink on the Gemini space missions. From its humble beginnings as a convenient orange flavored powdered drink mix, it’s now available in thirty-eight flavors. Most people drink it as is, while others use to make smoothies or even serve it hot. According to Wikipedia, some people even use it to clean their dishwasher to give it a sweet citrus smell. It may be tasty and convenient – but is Tang healthy?
Read to find out if Tang Really is Healthy

3 comments:

Chris Stonecipher said...

Thanks Lauren for sharing Dr. Leong's Tang article. When I was a kids in the 70's we used to put it into vanilla icecream or mix it with our milk for breakfast.

thestickman said...

I used to spoon it out directly onto my tongue. It was the 'safe pop-rocks' I guess. ;-)

Cruiselife & Co said...

Chris that sounds yummy.

Post a Comment

Featured Site

Your Ad Here