Saturday, November 21, 2009

According to Mr Ghaz It can be important to recognize when you can’t cope and need to find somebody who can. If someone is very panicky you need to help him calm down. If he is talking of killing himself you need to take this seriously. But these emergencies are rare. You are more likely to be trying to help someone who is quietly desperate and who needs help to talk about his problems.
If a person is very panicky you will need to help him calm down. Touch him in some way – hold his hand or put your arm round him. Reassure him that you will stay and that he will soon be able to control his panic. Get him to do something such as sit down, lie down or come for a walk. If you know how to relax quickly try teaching him how to do it. Don’t get him to take a lot of deep breaths or he will get dizzy and feel more panicky. He might like you to massage his back and shoulders. When he calms down he will probably want to talk a lot. But if he is exhausted he may fall asleep.Read on for more: Coping with a Crisis: Stress Can Drive to Breaking Point Academics Blogs

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Thank you for stopping by my site and for putting my button on your site. I tried to put your button on my site, but it wasn't working.

Chris Stonecipher said...

Thanks Tammy. I will try to fix my button. Where did you get yours from?

Glynis Peters said...

Good article. Stress is a killer.

Chris Stonecipher said...

Thanks Glynis. I try not to let things bother me and when I feel stressed, I go for a quiet walk in the park or a nature trail.

Post a Comment

Featured Site

Your Ad Here